Today is the first day of the Chinese New Year! It is now the year of the SNAKE!
I work with a TON of people in Asia. All of last week, they were leaving for their vacation (they get two weeks starting tomorrow) and wishing me a happy new year, one by one. I didn’t know too much about the Chinese New Year, so I decided to do some investigative work. (I was procrastinating making a presentation.) Lo and behold, my Chinese zodiac is the snake! So it’s my year! My time to shine baby 😉
After researching what the snake zodiac meant, I decided that it describes me quite well! Snakes are:
- The most intuitive, aware, & introspective of the Chinese zodiac signs
- Also the most reflective & not flustered easily; they aren’t outwardly emotional
- Plotters & schemers 🙂 muahahaha hehehehe
- Need calm & quiet, as well as sleep
- Have sophisticated & refined tastes– prefer to have one very expensive chair instead of three moderately priced ones. (I’m looking at you billion dollar West Elm cabinet.)
- Are bored easily so they change jobs frequently
- Organized & precised; they can meet quick deadlines & problem solve easily! But they like to work alone.
- Their worst nightmare is diving head first into a shopping spree
- They loveeeee to vacation. (Oh hello, Europe!)
- Hobbies include touring & photography. (Oh hello, Europe…again!)
- Have few friends because they are not emotional or open, but their few friends are friends for a lifetime! (Fish, Sarah Stevenson, Amanda Martinez…)
- Do not choose romantic partners based on physical appearance, and is very picky.
- It takes a “patient soul” to live with a snake for a lifetime hahaha
And finally, most importantly…suitable gifts for snakes like me include binoculars & stamp collections. WHY HAS NO ONE EVER GOT ME THIS!!?? How rude! 😉
Then of the snakes, I am specifically an Earth Snake. Earth snakes are the most calm, down-to-earth, & friendliest of the snakes. So you think they aren’t scheming, but they really are! Better watch yo’ backs people!! Just kidding…but this does explain why TJ (my boss) always refers to me as “sneaky smart.”
I am also a Taurean Snake (which combines the western & eastern zodiacs), which means I “remember everything” and should never be underestimated because I will “forge on until I get what I want.”
If you don’t know your Chinese zodiac, definitely use the link above to check it out! It was very interesting and fun to learn about.